No Starting RK5 for EE speedruns (BO3 category request)

So current WRs for BO3 use the starting RK5 as forced by the game when you complete the Super EE. I have seen a lot of time saves from the starting RK5, like spawnkilling a margwa in Shadows Of Evil (an example out of the many), having a max ammo starting Bloodhound/MR6, and I just wanted to complete the EE without the fancy RK5 and the max ammo starting Bloodhound/MR6, but there seems to be no proper category for this. I just want WRs sorted into NG and NG+ (if you don’t know what these terms mean, NG stands for New Game, where you complete the game as usual, and NG+ stands for New Game +, with the advantage of having something that can be / needs to be collected via progression, in the beginning) just so the Starting RK5 perma-perk (NG+) would not be seen as the go-to perk for few-second-time-saves and etc. There’s the cracked pirates who cannot get to have the Starting RK5 perma-perk, and there’s the people who cannot afford the maps / are too lazy to do the Super-EE. Only if this No Starting RK5 category made way for these people, instead of the ‘NG+ free time saves’ that made most records use it even more, can I actually gain a WR of the same map, just without the Starting RK5, which made most runs completely optimized over the stock starting pistol, with no max stock ammo, none of that, just like when Origins EE speedruns (BO2) had no starting burst pistols and made you use the most out of the stock starting pistol (the Mauser in Origins) to get points.

3 Likes

So, what your saying is you aren’t skilled enough to complete all the ee’s?

2 Likes

The problem with this is that people who start with the RK5 will then have to make another account maybe if they want to be in that section / category. Plus it doesn’t really provide that much of an advantage besides moon No Mans Land. Besides, if someone were to really be into the game and actually enjoy it they would have probably got all of the DLC’s.

p.s - as long as you do the rev super ee with someone who has the summoning key and all four gate worms you should be good to get the RK5

3 Likes

I really like the idea of making a distinction between NG and NG+ speedruns as it’s more specific but making an NG board would have some complications. You’d have to disable weapon attachments and even most classic gums since you have to level up and grind XP to acquire them. NG / NG+ makes a lot of sense in 3-D platformers but in zombies it might make boards worse. Unless all you want is a non-rk5 start / rk5-start distinction, which, sure why not I guess.

2 Likes

it really doesn’t change the game since an RK5 is only 500 points. Even for an EE speed run 500 points is not a detrimental hit to warrant a new category

2 Likes